Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Moving drama and a trip to the beach

I missed Monday's post! BUT that was because I took a long weekend off work, sooo technically I missed nothing.
I am currently in the midst of becoming obsessed with doTERRA essential oils. I went to a learning session on Friday evening with some lovely ladies and was blown away by all of the things these essential oils can do for you. So needless to say, I've ordered a starter pack and can't wait to start diffusing! I'll document my experiences with all of the different oils as I go. So far, while I wait for my diffuser, I've been using a sample of lavender before sleep which has been helping me to sleep deeper and wake up less frequently. I just put it on like war-paint before bed. I've used the peppermint to combat some ants that can't take no for an answer, and that has worked well as a deterrent (hurrah for Pinterest!). I'm most amped for Cheer, which I'll be ordering in September. It does exactly what it sounds like!
 
So things are progressing on the moving front. We did a bit of painting on the weekend, some staining (wrong colour, oops!) and some bed-construction (anger, bed now only half-done). I also picked up some boxes from my brother and his girlfriend so we now definitely have enough boxes to move! I was really not okay with paying for boxes.
I have filled my parents basement (aka my storage locker) with way too much stuff, and more to come (sorry mom and dad). So thankfully we haven't actually had to rent a storage locker.
There's just so much to do. Honestly, I wish I could just pay someone to pack my home, stage it, sell it, and unpack in my new home. There's too many stories of moving trucks going rogue for me to even consider using one, so I'm already anticipating the nightmare that will come with renting a certain truck we all know and love (to hate). Sure they only charge a minimal fee to rent the truck, but believe me, they find other ways to get their money back. Oh the drama!
I'm going to aim to get a lot of packing done tonight so that tomorrow I can go to the gym. It's really a toss up right now between exercise and moving and with how much we hate this place, packing is winning.
We have enough issues with the building that I won't bother going into, but now my mail has started going missing. I had two packages in less than a month say delivered and never show up. Luckily both senders have replaced the items, but I am absolutely shocked that someone is getting my packages and keeping them! I don't even know how they are getting them since they are addressed to me, but twice in less than a month is no longer just a random occurrence. I'd rather not think my mail person is orchestrating this, but not getting my Ipsy box has made me slightly jaded. Props to Ipsy for asking no questions and immediately sending out a replacement! Love that company!

Tomorrow, since I'd like to gym after work. I'm going to attempt to use the slow cooker. Now I just need to find a good recipe. Good thing I haven't packed my cook books yet!

I finally made it to the beach  -- It was so nice to get some colour, feel the warm sun and relax with my dear friend! I did burn a bit (that will happen to pale people who haven't sunned all summer), but overall I have a nice glow.
I just love going to the beach! It wasn't crowded either, which made it all the more enjoyable. They have five sections of the beach and we went to the area that isn't too close to the boardwalk (as in, you would need to drive there). We drove to that area after to walk the boardwalk for a bit and that part of the beach was jam-packed. It's nice that you can kind of choose the beach-day vibe you're going for and select a number based on that. It's funny because I really don't like sand, and when I go on vacation I always choose pools in lieu of the Ocean (I know, shame on me), but for some reason when I'm here, I don't mind sand as much.
I took one photo of the beach, but at least it's something pretty to look at! I don't know why I have so much sand in this photo. Talk about needing to aim better.


No comments:

Post a Comment