Friday, September 15, 2017

Friday Favourites!



Friday favourites is just the best post! So I'm linking up with some other lovely bloggers to share my favourite things this week!


1. Fresh Sugar Rose lip balm



This stuff. I can't get enough. I think I mentioned before how I just love everything Fresh puts out and that is the truth! I'm not a huge fan of wearing lipstick, but this balm has the perfect amount of colour and moisture. I got this a few months ago and it's almost finished. I carry it in my purse (you can see the wear and tear) and use it every single day! They have a wide spectrum of colours, including one without any shade. It's just the best!


2. Our Last CSA
Not pictured; the incredibly muddy potatoes

Well, at least they went out with a boom! This was our last order until next spring/summer-ish. It was jam-packed. I guess since more of the autumn fruits are in season they are cheaper leading to us getting more. We had the green beans last week and this week they gave us more (and a larger amount!) They were SO good! We also got corn, eggs, spinach, spring mix, patty pan squash, potatoes (so many - I ordered extra), apples, pears, bananas, grapes, garlic, cauliflower, watermelon, green beans ... I think that's it! It will certainly be enjoyed!


3. ALL THE FALL things.


 
 
 
I don't know why they are all sideways. Sorry :(


Friends, Michael's has all of their fall stuff on sale and it is not good for me!! I swear I've spent so much time meandering through their aisles. I want my entire home to be bursting with Fall. Unfortunately, we have to maintain some neutrality for the showings. I'll be damned if they make me put away my "hello fall" pillow though!
I also made a nice flower bouquet for our table. Fake flowers make so much more sense! I couldn't find anything I wanted, so I made my own!


4. My new doTERRA cheer rollerball.


Such a happy scent. I love this one. I also got serenity this month, for sleep which I mix with my lavender. It's such a lovely scent to fill the room and makes for a very tranquil space. The cheer scent is great for a general feeling of overall "cheer" and also reduces anxiety. It is my definitely my favourite!



5. Dinner last night
 
Must work on lighting


This was so good! I love bruschetta (so much so that I actually make it for myself as a snack when I'm feeling ambitious). Now admittedly I love anything with tomatoes (except actual tomato juice), but mixing together two of my favourite things (pasta and bruschetta) ... well it's a match made in heaven. My only edit to the recipe would be to drain the juice a bit from the tomatoes because it was a bit liquidy. I would probably only do about 1/4 of the liquid. The only changes I made to make it gluten free were that I didn't add the pasta until the very end. Gluten free pasta is fairly sensitive so I cooked it al dente and then once I had cooked everything I took it off the heat and added the cooked pasta. It still ended up breaking a bit, but since the recipe actually called for the noodles to be broken before cooking, it worked out.
Overall, super delicious. I enjoyed it last night and for lunch today!


That's all for today! Happy Friday & Happy Weekend!
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment