Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Tell me about it, Tuesday

Busy busy day yesterday. I had so many stops to make after work (boring stuff like gas and cat food) but I still got my run in. I did a 5.1k and it was just the most lovely evening for a run. Still shorts and t-shirt weather thankfully, the weather was warm but not too hot, the sun was fading so it wasn't too bright and a few leaves were even falling from the trees. I love a good evening run! I kept my pace pretty slow - I'm mostly testing my knee right now and seeing how it holds up. Unfortunately while it holds up well during speed work, it's usually after that I have the most problems. But with my slow and steady pace (around 6:30) I was able to cruise the neighbourhood pain-free.




 Tomorrow if the weather cooperates I will do a 6-7km run with some friends after the gym. The weather app has changed from sunny to storms and back to sunny, so who really knows what's happening. I'm just happy that for the first time in a really long time, I feel motivated to run. I don't know if it's the cooler weather, the happy essential oils, or the feng shui of our newly decluttered condo-life ... but something is working out! I have definitely been in a fitness slump lately- hard to accomplish in the throes of triathlon training, but there it is. With a slump comes the ickiness of not feeling your best physically or mentally.
Three cheers for getting back into the swing of things.
I also happen to love running through the Fall -- especially when it gets a little chilly. So refreshing!
 
Today will likely be a day devoted to more packing (sigh). I don't want to throw myself back in to running at 110% and crash and burn. I've never been good at taking things slow either so we'll see how that goes.
 
Dinner last night was shrimp pad thai. I'm in love. Former shrimp-hater turned addict right here. We went for less rice noodles which resulted in a excellent shrimp-noodle ratio. It also turned the meal from around 5 servings into 3 which is much better because the fifth one was usually shrimp-less and basically just noodles with green onions, egg and maybe half a peanut. Honestly - issues.
 
Happy Tuesday -- the long weekend draws another day closer. I can almost feel the good times and taste the gluten free s'mores already!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment