Wednesday, August 30, 2017

What's up Wednesday!

 Wednesday - we have arrived! Linking into What's up Wednesday

 
What we're eating this week:
 
Well, I've been going a little pasta crazy. So far we've had shrimp pad thai and an old fave - hamburger casserole. Tonight I'm thinking something light like fish or chicken. Choices choices choices
 
What I'm reminiscing about:
 
Honestly, I'm still thinking about my Irongirl.
It. Was. Awesome!
 
Sometimes a good race experience will just carry you along for ages. This one will have to carry me right into next season, but while I'm still doing at least one last OWS, tri season is finito for me. Next year I'll probably register for more than one :)

What I'm Loving:
I am digging these cooler temperatures. I love that I can still run in shorts and be warm, but not be pouring sweat and wishing I could lay down in the grass somewhere. I sweat enough on a regular day. I really don't like the heat or summer making it worse! I'm also loving the faint scent of Fall in the air. I'm just waiting eagerly for September 1st so that people stop giving me cut-eye when I say it smells like Fall.
 


What we've been up to:
Well, it's no secret that we've been getting our place ready to go up for sale. It's been tough accepting that our weekends and evenings are basically dedicated to working on the condo. We still have things to do, but the list is shrinking and I think *fingers crossed* it should be ready to go up in about a week and a half.
 
What I'm dreading:
Figuring out what to do with our cats while the place is up for sale. Seriously.
 
 

 
 
What I'm working on:
See -- What we've been up to. Let's face it. Getting the condo ready has taken over our lives. Now I just need to figure out how to paint behind a toilet without actually having to remove it.
 


What I'm excited about:
All things fall! Pumpkins, hot chocolate, pumpkin spice lattes, sweaters, pea coats, tall boots, scarves, the first light snow fall.
Picture found here
I'm also excited for all of the great friends we will be seeing this weekend!
 


What I'm watching/reading:
We are just finishing up season 10 of the original 90210. Last time we watched the series, I got so irritated by Gina in season 9 that I just ditched it. Didn't even buy season 10. A few months ago the nostalgia hit and this time I was able to keep my gina-anger under wraps so I can see how this series unfolded. My parents wouldn't let me watch this when I was younger, so I am seeing this all through fresh eyes!
 
 
 
I am currently re-reading Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. Yes. I have a problem with re-watching and re-reading things.
 
A great book that I recently finished was "The Reinvention of Mimi Finnegan" by Whitney Dineen. The main character annoyed me for a few pages and then I couldn't put it down. It's a quick fun beach read and definitely has some laugh out loud moments. There is a second book, but it's not quite as funny. I have so many books waiting to be read and there are a ton of books that I've had recommended to me for September that I'm looking forward to!



 


What I'm listening to:
Friends, I'm old. I listen to talk radio while I drive.
I have been really loving the Macklemore and Ryan Lewis google play station while I run though. I went for a short 3k yesterday (yep -- that's me easing into things) and it basically just went back and forth between Eminem and Macklemore. It was awesome!
 
 
Picture found here
 
What I'm wearing:


I'm already in Fall colours and warm sweaters. I bought this sweater back in August and I love it. I bought it a bit big because I like to be cozy but I'd say it's relatively true to size. It's called the Cocoon sweater from RW&CO
I've got my eye on some tall boots now that just need to happen for this fall!
 












What I'm doing this weekend:
With the wonderful long weekend ahead (almost there!!) we have lots of things going on. Let's just say there's going to be friends, family, bbqs, fire pits, and continuing to fill my parents basement with our stuff!
 

What I'm looking forward to next month:
 

 
It being socially acceptable to be excited about fall and finally getting my cheer essential oil!
 
Happy Wednesday!






 

No comments:

Post a Comment