Wednesday, August 9, 2017

What? Two days in a row?!

This must be a miracle. I'm actually blogging two days in a row. I told you this time I was going to make it work. I'm going to aim for day three!
 
So last night I accomplished three things that made me happy. I got my steps in (8300). That damn carrot app. I was so close that I literally danced around my bedroom to hit my goal before bed.
I made a new (healthy) meal. I made Cajun haddock with rice and green beans.
I went to spin class and despite reallllllly not wanting to go, I dragged my butt there and sweated up a storm. I love the Tuesday coach - he's the kind of coach you see on youtube. He screams and yells and sings along with the music. He actually makes you want to push harder and work till you can't pedal anymore. If there's any class I can drag myself to, it's his.
I'm nervous about my triathlon this weekend. While I've focused heavily on swimming - my weakest sport, I haven't done nearly as much running as I should have. I know the bike will be fine - I really enjoy cycling and I'm pretty decent at it, but running has been sorely neglected this past year. Ever since I injured my knee I don't see running the same as I used to. It also doesn't help that the pain is random -- sometimes it hurts at 3k, sometimes 6k ... I even went up to 8k without pain. Without knowing, it's hard to set out on a route where I might need to stop halfway through and then be forced to walk home.
The trials and tribulations of a wannabe tri-athlete :)
There's also the fact that by the time I get to the run, I'm going to be exhausted. It's going to be a very long 5k. I have wanted to do this triathlon for ages though, so I am excited to have the opportunity.  The medal is HUGE.
Yes ... I do races just for the medal. I have a 10k in September that I am running simply because the medal has a panda bear on it. It will be so brutal.

No clue what's on the schedule for dinner tonight -- THIS is why meal planning is so crucial. I really need to make use of the crock pot. Eventually I will start posting pictures to go with these posts so they aren't so boring :)

No comments:

Post a Comment