Tuesday, August 8, 2017


Wow, I think my last post from January just proved how bad I am at keeping up with blogging. Here we will try again.

It's been on my mind for a long while to attempt to do this blog thing regularly, if only as a way to document for myself what's been going on in my life. I've also been inspired by seeing bloggers who are hitting these spectacular anniversaries and have managed to blog regularly despite their busy lives.
So here we go - again.
What do I have to offer to readers? That's a tough question. Who says my life is more interesting than anyone elses. So for now, nothing. Ha, how's that for motivation?
I want to work on a few things in life right now, which kind of goes off of my initial list from January:
1. To lose weight. I may have never gained the freshman 15, but I did gain the marriage 15 and I'm not happy with it. Dessert every night is not realistic.
2. To establish and maintain a fitness schedule. So far the only thing I done weekly without fail is my open water swimming lesson on Saturdays. I do workout at least 3 other days in the week, but it's random and sporadic and what achievements can I expect without dedication. I've learned that I need to be held accountable (thanks mom -- I think I got this from you), so here's me being accountable.
4. To meal plan. Soooo much easier said than done. Sometimes my husband and I end up either eating at 10pm or eating breakfast for dinner. Time to work on that.
5. To find balance and minimize clutter. As we are in the process of preparing our condo to sell, we are decluttering (urmm ... packing stuff to put in my parent's basement is decluttering right?). We plan to have a garage sale once we move and actually have a garage, but we are determined to declutter our lives. A two bedroom condo is small and difficult for two people who knew they'd be in a house eventually but that's still not a reason for me to collect piles of vintage furniture. I have a problem and it's name begins with antique.

On the plus side, I have been trying new recipes, and I have managed to keep up with my gratitude journal every night. So I'm getting there :)
So that's where I hope to go and where I hope to be!
 
Adios.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment