Friday, September 22, 2017

Friday Favourites

 

 

 

 As always, I am linking up with Friday Favourites to share my very favourite things this week!
I am getting so tired of this hot sunny weather (who says that?!). But really, it's too hot and it's not even summer anymore so it feels wrong. It is supposed to cool down by the end of next week, so fingers crossed. I'm not looking forward to my 31 degree clear skies race tomorrow. Thank goodness it's in the early morning. Should be done around 9 before the sun really hits later in the morning. I know tomorrow's race won't be fast. Since it'll be at the zoo, I have no doubt I'll be distracted by the animals and stopping to snap photos. It's more about getting out there! Yesterday I did a 5k, which was tough with my huge lack of sleep this week. I was tired, but I managed to push through. As usual, my speed increased km by km, so I'm starting to get some of my old mojo back. Even running three times this week will be a huge change from my "maybe once every two weeks" past. I am happy to feel changes and can slowly feel my mindset changing. I also have to admit - this step bet has got me going. Sure I wanted to sleep instead of run yesterday, but then I would have been eliminated from the step bet (I took my "rest" day Wednesday because of Rosh Hashanah). I'm not losing my $40, lol. Anyways, here we go!
1. All the Fall Things -- Again!
I love this little pumpkin!

Some much better lighting to see this beauty

I just can't. It's too adorable!

I went back three times and kept fawning over this. At 60% off it was a steal

I am 100% Fall obsessed. and pumpkins have taken over my home. So here are some of my beautiful fall pieces, plus a much better picture of our guest room table. I took it at night so there was no glare! I really love seasonal decorating, and decorating in general. It creates such warmth!


2. Meeting Renu Mandhane

Yesterday I met Renu Mandhane, the Chief Commissioner of the Human Rights Commission. I was too busy fan-girling to ask for a photo but she really is like a real-life superhero. She is getting stuff done here in Ontario! So here is a photo of her talking with me in close proximity. I'm not sure why my back looks like the hulk here. Perhaps because I was slouching.

3. Healing Blend:
 

This blend of frankincense, tea tree and lavender oils has done wonders for my wrist. I mix them with fractionated oil and apply it topically. My apple watch tends to give me a rash, especially after working out. I now clean my watch strap with rubbing alcohol after each work out and the healing blend takes care of the irritation. At one point it got so bad that it started spreading to my entire wrist and was just so itchy. The healing blend was pure relief. I am so glad that it's not as bad anymore.




4. Burberry scents:
 
 



Husband and I picked these up in the Utah duty free on the way home. We had all these gift certificates and hadn't needed to spend anything on the trip so we used them for some fun. We somehow both ended up selecting burberry scents, but what I love is that they are totally complementary to each other. His smells amazing, as does mine but together they just mix seamlessly. Not that it matters - but it still makes me smile. We rarely like the same brands for perfume/cologne so this is just cute.

 
 
5. Vasanti lip colour:
 
 
 

I got this in an Ipsy bag in June and was surprised when I tried it on that I really liked it. In fact, I brought it to Utah and it was the only colour I used for all of our evenings out. It wasn't sticky or thick, has the most beautiful complementary colour and lasts until you eat (it doesn't have much staying power when it comes to food -- it's fine for drinks). I have a lot of trouble finding lip colours I can deal with. I don't like lipstick at all (I'm trying though). So this is a perfect find for all those people like me who don't like how lipstick feels. This colour is called "Super mom" which is a little weird since I don't have kids ... but whatever. I think I'll definitely buy this again when I run out.

6. Pumpkin Candles
I know, I know, candles are supposed to be bad, but I need my home to smell like pumpkin spice chai. We all do.
Terrible photo quality (another fall sign peeking through the back)
 
 Well, that's all for today. I'll be back Monday with a race recap and hopefully some cute panda bear pictures!

Happy Friday!


 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment